WordCamp Harare is a conference covering things related to WordPress. WordPress users, designers, developers, and business people will come to share knowledge and meet like-minded people.
We’re interested in things like:
- the WordPress ecosystem: the things you can do with WordPress themes and plugins
- Development: code-heavy talks aimed at new to medium developers to help improve their skills
- UX and Design: building beautiful sites, using themes and frameworks, conducting user research, or your unique design workflow
- Workflows: tips, tricks, hacks, and ideas to become more productive
- Business: running an agency, being self-employed, or what you’ve learned in your WordPress journey.
Sessions will be approximately 25 minutes long, with 5 minutes afterward for audience questions.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill in the form below to submit your talk idea.
- If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.
- All talks will be recorded for wordpress.tv, and all successful speakers will be required to sign an A/V release form.
- The closing dates for submission will be 15 August at 17:00 UTC+02:00.
- We will inform successful speakers beginning on 17 August. If you are accepted, please don’t announce your talk until we announce the full schedule; that’s so we can ensure all prospective speakers can still attend, and so that we can offer slots to backup speakers.
- Slides will need to be submitted to the WordCamp Harare team before 14 October. We need to check for correct use of trademarks, code of conduct issues, and anything that might smell like an advert.